Hitman 3 – Year 2 – May Roadmap & The Road Ahead
Today, IO Interactive shed new light on upcoming Year 2 content for Hitman 3, including the May Roadmap, details on the new Freelancer launch window, and news on the release of the upcoming map known as Ambrose Island.
- Freelancer Update
- Hitman 3: Freelancer is the next evolution of Hitman and an entirely new way to engage with the world and characters that IO Interactive built into the World of Assassination over the last 7 years. The team is now aiming to release the Freelancer in the second half of 2022, to help support further development in this expansive and involving game mode.
- Spring Content
- With the change to the release date of the Freelancer game mode from Spring to the second half of 2022, IO Interactive has adjusted its plans for the next few months. The biggest change will be several additional rounds of Featured Contracts than the team normally releases over the course of a month.
- A New Map – Ambrose Island
- IO Interactive is bringing forward the release date of the ‘Rocky’ map that was first revealed in January. This is now scheduled for a July 2022 release. This new map will have an intriguing narrative for Hitman fans, as it takes place before the events of Hitman 3 and fills in a few gaps from the World of Assassination storyline.
- Upcoming Patch – Raytracing
- Patch 3.110 arrives on May 24th with PC RayTracing included in the update.