Microsoft and Team Dakota today announced that the launch of the Project Spark Global Beta on Windows 8.1. Project Spark is an endless adventure where everything is customizable. Jump into an open world sandbox and create your own games, movies, stories and more and then share them with family, friends, and the world. Project Spark will officially launch on Xbox One and Windows 8.1 next year.
Sign up today for the beta at http://projectspark.com.
2K today announced the availability of new DLC for WWE 2K14. Featuring a variety of WWE Superstars and Divas, as well as more than 30 new moves, the DLC offering is available for download on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and includes the following:
WWE Superstars and Moves Pack
The WWE Superstars and Moves Pack is also available to players through the WWE 2K14 Season Pass Program.
Square Enix has released the second part in their series of “Inside the Square – The Making of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.”
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on February 11th.
Sony Computer Entertainment today announced that cumulative sell through for the PlayStation 4 worldwide has surpassed 2.1 million units as of December 1st. The number includes the 700,000 units sold through in Europe and Australasia launching on November 29th.
Namco Bandai today announced the next title for their Ultimate Ninja Storm franchise. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution will be available in 2014 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution features new gameplay mechanics including Combination Ultimate Jutsu attacks, allowing characters to combine their powers to create powerful techniques to bring opponents to their knees. With a roster reaching 100 playable characters spanning the entire Naruto and Naruto Shippuden anime arcs, there are sure to be characters that fit everyone’s play style. A brand new character designed by Naruto manga creator Masashi Kishimoto also makes an appearance in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution.
Nominations opened today for the 5th Annual Canadian Videogame Awards as the show makes the move to Toronto.
Nominations will be accepted for work developed in Canada and released in 2013 and are welcome from all parts of Canada’s video game industry. The Call for Nominations will close on January 24th. The award categories are:
Finalists in all categories will be announced March 10th, when public voting for the Fans’ Choice Award will open.
Sega and Creative Assembly today announced Caesar in Gaul, the first campaign expansion for Total War: Rome II. Offering a tighter scope in terms of time and geography than Rome II, the Caesar in Gaul campaign map offers an expanded, more detailed vision of Gaul and the south coast of Britannia.
Players can choose from four playable factions in this conflict: the Gallic Arverni, the Germanic Suebi, the Belgic Nervii and Rome; in a campaign inspired by Caesar’s Commentarii de bello Gallico (Commentaries on the Gallic war).
Caesar in Gaul will be available to purchase and download on December 12th for $14.99.
After reviewing first-week figures and user feedback, Turn 10 Studios is making some changes to Forza Motorsport 5’s economy to make sure all players continue to have a great experience. Starting this week, the Turn 10 team is implementing the following programs:
Sega today announced the 3D remake of Space Harrier and Super Hang-On for the Nintendo 3DS is now available for download in the Nintendo eShop for $5.99.
Just in time for the holidays, Microsoft today unveiled the next free Xbox 360 games coming to Xbox Live Gold members in December for a limited time:
Deep Silver today announced that a new DLC pack for Saints Row IV, Element of Destruction, is now available for download on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC for $2.99.
Are you ready for the best saga secrets for the upcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 title? Here are the top 10 secrets of the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series, straight from Producer Dave Cox.
1. The design of Gabriel’s costume in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was based on the cover of the NES game “Simon’s Quest”.
2. We considered various actors for the role of Dracula including Gerard Butler and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, both of whom have played Dracula.
3. Mercury Engine 2 was designed for next gen systems and was built from scratch.
4. Almost every single enemy and character has appeared in previous Castlevania games.
5. The work of Guillermo Del Toro has been a big inﬂuence on the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series.
6. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 uses a combination of orchestral and electronic music. This was done to highlight the past and present aspects of the game.
7. Zobek is an amalgamation of the Dark Priest Shaf and Death from earlier Castlevania games.
8. In Dracula Curse for the NES, if players completed the game as Trevor Belmont, during the end cut scene Trevor married Sypha Belnades. In Mirror of Fate Trevor is married to Sypha Belnades.
9. Hideo Kojima played the character of Chupacabras in the Japanese version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
10. Hoko Kuwashima, Carmilla’s Japanese voice actress, also voiced Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will be released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on February 25th.