IO Interactive Reveals Details for Hitman 3’s Year 2 Content
Today, IO Interactive shed new light on the Year 2 content for Hitman 3 that will become available starting on January 20th and throughout 2022. Originally announced last November, IOI have now revealed that the new Year 2 content will include:
- Elusive Target Arcade
- A brand new game mode that takes the Elusive Target concept to the next level, mixes up the formula and introduces new challenges and unlockable rewards.
- Freelancer Mode
- Arriving in Spring 2022, Freelancer is a brand new way to play Hitman 3 that introduces roguelike elements, strategic planning and a customizable safehouse.
- Hitman 3 VR on PC
- HITMAN VR comes to PC on January 20th and the entire World of Assassination trilogy is fully supported.
- Hitman Trilogy Collection – Also Coming to Game Pass
- The Hitman Trilogy will be available digitally as a single package on January 20th for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Epic Games Store, Steam, Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate.
- New Technology on PC
- Later in 2022, improvements to Hitman 3’s technology will include Ray Tracing, which will create better shadows, reflections, and maps. IO Interactive will also be implementing VRS (Variable Rate Shading) to boost PC performance and in partnership with Intel, IOI will be one of the first development studios in the world to implement XeSS technology.
- Hitman 3 on Steam
- As highlighted above, Hitman 3 arrives on Steam to coincide with the start of Year 2 and will have full support for PC VR from day one. Plus, all of the technical improvements mentioned earlier, such as Ray Tracing, XeSS and Variable Rate Shading when they become available.
- New Map Details – To Be Revealed
- More details about this new map, which is codenamed ‘Rocky’ will be revealed later in Year 2.