Wii U Price Drop, Nintendo 2DS and The Wind Waker Wii U Bundle
Nintendo today outlined a campaign that will offer consumers levels of value and variety this holiday season. That proposition includes:
- A $50 price drop for the Wii U Deluxe Set to a new SRP of $299.99, effective September 20th.
- A limited-edition Wii U bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD launching September 20th.
- The introduction of Nintendo 2DS, an entry-level dedicated portable gaming system that plays all Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS games in 2D. Nintendo 2DS launches October 12th at a SRP of $129.99.
- Dates for a lineup of Q4 video games for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.
The newest member of the Nintendo 3DS family is designed specifically for anyone looking for a more affordable entry point into the world of Nintendo hand-held video games. Nintendo 2DS will be available in Red or Blue on October 12th at a SRP of $129.99.
Nintendo 2DS plays the entire library of packaged and downloadable games for Nintendo 3DS only in 2D. The system features a distinctive fixed, slate-type form factor, and optional carrying cases will be available in Red or Blue at launch at a SRP of $12.99. Nintendo 2DS maintains many of the same hardware features as Nintendo 3DS: dual screens, game-play controls and touch-screen features. The system also has backward compatibility with the existing library of more than 2,000 Nintendo DS games, as well as access to wireless connectivity features like multiplayer online game play, Nintendo Video content and digitally delivered games in the Nintendo eShop.
New Suggested Retail Price – Wii U Deluxe Set
Starting September 20th, the Deluxe version of Nintendo’s Wii U will be reduced in price by $50, to a new SRP of $299.99.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Bundle
A new limited-edition Wii U bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD launches on September 20th at a SRP of $299.99. The bundle includes a black Deluxe Wii U console; a GamePad controller adorned with gold lettering, a gold Hyrule crest and gold symbols from the game; a download code for the digital version of Hyrule Historia, a book that details the chronology, history and artwork of The Legend of Zelda series; and a code that can be used to download The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD from the Nintendo eShop immediately at no additional cost.
The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on September 20th, while the packaged version launches October 4th with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a SRP of $49.99. EB Games is also offering an exclusive Ganondorf figurine bundled with the packaged game at a SRP of $54.99.
The lineup of games on the way for Nintendo systems in Q4 includes:
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: Launches September 20th (downloadable) and October 4th (packaged).
- Wii Party U: Launches October 25th bundled with a Wii Remote Plus controller and stand.
- Super Mario 3D World: Launches November 22nd.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Launches December 6th.
- Wii Fit U: Launches this holiday season. Further details, including launch date, pricing and bundling information, will be revealed at a later date.
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games: Launches this holiday season. Further details, including launch date and pricing, will be revealed at a later date.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: Launches November 22nd.
- Mario Party: Island Tour: Launches November 22nd.