NHL 14 Revealed
Electronic Arts announced today the features for NHL 14. Deliver game-changing hits with NHL Collision Physics, built from FIFA’s Player Impact Engine. Drop the gloves with the all-new Enforcer Engine, powered by the same technology used in the Fight Night franchise. Experience a new level of speed and control with the second season of the True Performance Skating engine, and dangle defenders with all-new One-Touch Dekes. In addition, fans can Live the Life of an NHL player in an all-new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now featuring on and off-ice elements. NHL 14 will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on September 10th.
NHL 14 Features
- NHL Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers FIFA’s Player Impact Engine, NHL Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever.
- Enforcer Engine – Powered by the same technology used in the Fight Night franchise, NHL 14 will bring a brand new third-person presentation to showcase the anatomy of a fight. All players on the ice (human or CPU) remain live from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. This new technology delivers, for the first time in the NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic experience yet.
- True Performance Skating – The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.
- One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one-button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.
- Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.
- HUT & EASHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA Sports Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.
Beginning April 22nd, fans around the world can once again shape the face of the hockey video game franchise when the second annual EA Sports NHL Cover Vote Campaign launches on NHL.com/covervote.