Mass Effect 3: Retaliation DLC Next Week
The battle to save the galaxy rages on and a familiar foe returns in the largest downloadable content pack to-date for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Available to download at no additional charge, Mass Effect 3: Retaliation ups the challenge by adding environmental hazards to existing maps and will introduce the Collectors as a new enemy faction in multiplayer.
Also making its way into the Mass Effect 3: Retaliation pack is a brand-new challenge system that will reward players for their accomplishments in multiplayer. This new feature will give players the ability to track and compare progress across different multiplayer challenges.
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation will be available for download on October 9th on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Origin. In order to properly install the Mass Effect 3: Retaliation pack, users must also download and install the latest patch. The entire pack will include:
- New “Hazard” Versions of Existing Maps – Wage war across six maps as a regular rotation of Firebases will be introduced to different hazards and traps. Survive the onslaught of Acid, Lightening, Meltdowns, Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts!
- New Enemy Faction – Prepare to face off against the Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper, and Captain. Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.
- New Unlockable Weapons – The Collectors have also brought deadly new weapons to the fight: the Collector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle. Unlock these weapons and new equipment upgrades to build to your arsenal.
- New Class Kits to Unlock – A host of new characters have joined the war to fight this new threat, including the Turian Havoc Soldier and Turian Ghost Infiltrator. Additional class kits will be added as the weeks progress.
- New Upgrades – Outfit your weapons with three new ammo modifications and fortify your gear with five unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
- New Multiplayer Challenge Feature – Think you are the best soldier in the Alliance? Make sure to track your progress in the new “Challenges” database. Complete various multiplayer assignments and feats of strength to unlock titles and banners to display in-game, and then compare your progress against your friends.