XCOM: Enemy Unknown Second Wave Content Released
2K Games and Firaxis Games announced today that Second Wave content is now available for XCOM: Enemy Unknown for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Second Wave content allows fans to choose a variety of new gameplay modifiers to enhance the experience after completing the main campaign. The Second Wave content is available free of charge and is issued via a downloadable title update.
The Second Wave content includes:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.